THE QUIET HOUR I ADORE.
"I adore art … when I am alone with my notes, my heart pounds and the tears stream from my eyes, and my emotion and my joys are too much to bear." — Giuseppe Verdi. or; Sad Romantics Vol. II
01. La Traviata: Act III: “Teneste la promessa … Addio, del passato”, Giuseppe Verdi
02. Turandot: Act I, Scene I: “Non piangere, Liù” , Giacomo Puccini
03. Faust: Act III, Scene IV: “Salut! Demeure chaste et pure”, Charles Gounod
04. La Bohème: Act IV, Scene IV: “Sono andati”, Giacomo Puccini
05. Rigoletto: Act II, Scene II: “Parmi veder le lagrime”, Giuseppe Verdi
06. Raphael, Op. 37: “Strast’yu i negoyu serdtse trepeshchet”, Anton Arenski
07. Iolanta: Act I, Scene I: “Atchevo eta prezhde ne znala”, P. Tchaikovsky
08. Eugene Onegin: Act II, Scene 2: “Kuda, kuda, kuda vï udalilis”, P. Tchaikovsky
09. Tosca: Act II, Scene V: “Vissi d’arte”, Giacomo Puccini
10. Manon Lescaut: Act IV, Scene I: “Sola, perduta, abbandonata”, Giacomo Puccini
11. Lucia di Lammermoor: “Il dolce suono mi colpi di sua voce!”, Gaetano Donizetti
12. Fedora: Act III: “Tutto tramonta”, Umberto Giordano
The Town was Paper
Multimedia by KBovey
My artwork is based upon the novel Paper Towns by John Green and represents the fragility of the written word and the fandoms built around them. A fandom is a kingdom or domain of fans that come together to discuss and empathise with the characters in a novel or film.
Viewers are invited to interact with the sculpture by moving the buildings and houses and also use the template provided to construct their own paper building to add to the town, therefore participating in the expansion and evolution of fandoms as a whole.
“The town was paper but the memories were not.” – John Green
I would like to thank the authors for their amazing books that have inspired this work, in no particular order: cassandraclare, fishingboatproceeds, theartofnotwriting, Suzzane Collins and JK Rowling.
I know this isn’t a game, but I want to play this game.
Wow this is beautiful.
I went to Joshua Tree for my 34th birthday. I believe I was healed by the cold air and the winds of ghostly echos. Happiness had been unfamiliar forever. I left an unhappy place for another and found myself trapped with someone I pitied and did not love who took up my time and energy and feared ending it for too long in fear of losing my only friends in this new unhappy place. Sometimes I am a very good actor. Then I fell in love for the first time with my best friend. I proclaimed my love for him which he accepted with full risk. I drowned in glee. I tried to electrify him like he did to me. Yet all this time though he accepted my love, he did not trust or believe my love. I realized he was not my best friend. He was a stranger. A liar. A manipulator. A trickster. A child. He was unfaithful for one year of our two year relationship, and would have continued had he not been caught, and quite possibly continued had we finally wed and started a family, a goal we shared together. I did nothing wrong. I loved the unlovable. I loved someone who hated himself and it was impossible to find the magic in life together. I am 36, almost 37. I have just discovered my worth. I wish I could feel the cold air and wind now. I want life. I want love.
WISH I COULD GO. TO MY OLD BRITISH HOME #primrosehill